Monday, September 8, 2014

Catching up on experiences

So I have been in New Orleans for now about two months. My first day arriving I was definitely cultured shocked. Coming from San Diego I did not know what to expect and knowing how catastrophic Hurricane Katrina was, I wondered how much had been fixed or rebuilt. I remember thinking "wow, this is where I am going to live for the next year..." I think maybe after a week or two I started to feel like this place could totally be home. I still get confused with the roads at time, but this place is such a cultured gem. I brought my car with me and even though I do not travel too far and wide from the city of New Orleans I feel like I am becoming a master of the road! Oh and I love the style of the houses here it makes me want to buy or remodel a house (if and when I buy one) in the spanish/french style. They are just too cute! I still think "wow" about living in New Orleans, but now it is more like, "wow, I can't believe I live in New Orleans!!" I never imagined leaving San Diego and I am so glad I chose this program to experience something so very different from what I know.

The Pharmacology program itself is very interesting
and I have definitely learned a lot, sometimes more
than I think my brain can handle! This picture here
is at the BioMedical Reception. It was super fun and a very relaxed enjoyable experience getting to meet everyone else from the other programs and hanging with my own fellow pharm classmates. It was a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment